We are excited to share that CVS Health, the nation’s premier health innovation company, has completed its acquisition of Aetna.
The combination of CVS Health and Aetna is a transformative moment for our company and our industry. With the combined capabilities of two leading organizations, our goal is to help transform the consumer health experience through a new innovative health care model that is easier to use, less expensive and puts consumers at the center of their care.
What is CVS Health going to do with the Aetna business?
- Other than the divestiture of Aetna’s standalone Medicare Part D plans to WellCare, there are no planned changes to the Aetna business as of now.
- We’re here to support you and your clients just as we do today. That’s not changing.
- We are committed to delivering the same great products, support and service.
- When/if changes occur, we’ll keep you informed so you know what to expect and when.
Part D Divestiture
When will this change take effect?
Individual Medicare (MA/MAPD, PDP, Med Supp, Ancillary)
- Aetna signed an agreement to divest all of Aetna’s standalone Medicare Part D business to a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (WellCare). The agreement is subject to take effect January 1, 2019.
Also if you are not contracted with Aetna and/or Silverscript call 800-777-9322 or email email@example.com for more information.